Home Remedies for Glowing Skin – Get Glowing Skin Naturally with Face Masks, Packs in Winter
Do you want a youthful, glowing skin? Today we are going to highlight some of the best home remedies for glowing skin that you can use to achieve that flawless skin that is every woman’s dream.
Best Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
- 1 Best Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
- 2 How to Get Glowing Skin Naturally
It is natural to want to look good among the crowd. Since the skin is our initial contact with the rest of the world, we all – or at least most of us – care about its health and beauty. We all fancy the idea of glowing skin that makes you look outstanding.
Unfortunately ageing, poor nutrition, environmental factors such as pollution and UV damage, lifestyle factors such as smoking and heavy drinking, lack of enough sleep, and busy work schedules that leave little time for proper skin care can all have toil on our skin overtime, leading to dry and dull skin. It is not all bad new, though, as there are many home remedies for glowing skin that can help you reverse these, some of which are included below:
Adopt a Good Cleansing Routine
It goes without saying that keeping your skin clean is the very basic and first step towards achieving a glowing skin. It is such an important part of skincare that it should be ranked first among home remedies for glowing skin.
Cleansing helps to eliminate the pollutants and dirt that have settled on your skin in the course of the day.
Go for gentle facial cleaners that are free of harsh chemicals such as sodium carbonate which often strips your skin of its moisture making it to dry up. This is especially important if you have sensitive skin.
It is also a good idea to look for a facial cleanser that is formulated for your specific skin type e.g. oily skin, normal skin, dry skin etc.
Face Packs and Masks for Natural Glowing Skin
Exfoliating scrubs helps to get rid of dead skin cells, excess oils, and impurities lodged in your skin.
Exfoliating scrub masks aside, there are also various face packs that go a long way in rejuvenating the appearance of your skin in a way that goes beyond cleansing your skin. These together form the second most important home remedies for glowing skin. Here are some of the best facial packs and masks for glowing skin:
Oatmeal face pack
Oatmeal scrub helps to get rid of impurities and promote cell growth. It works perfectly for any skin type and should not bother you whether you have dry, normal, oily or even sensitive skin. to make an oatmeal facial mask, follow the following instructions:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of oatmeal with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Pour in 2 teaspoons of milk and stir until the mixture blends into a fine paste
- Apply the paste as a mask all over your face in gentle, circular motions.
- Rinse it off after 15 minutes
Green tea scrub for skin that glows
Green tea is rich in flavonoids which help to boost collagen production in the skin. Collagen is an important component of the skin that is responsible for maintaining its elasticity. This qualifies green tea as one of the best home remedies for glowing skin.
- Brew a pot of green tea by boiling a tablespoon of tea leaves in a cup of water for a few minutes.
- Strain the tea and allow it to cool down
- Add 2 teaspoons of the tea into a small basin or bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar to sweeten the tea
- Finally add a teaspoon of cream and then stir well till well blended
- Apply all over your face in gentle, circular motions and then wash off with water after 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the process twice a week and you will soon get a rejuvenated, glowing skin.
Glowing Clear Skin Home Remedies For Dry Skin – In Winter
Winter is associated with low humidity levels which is often a precursor for dry skin. Some people also have dry skin naturally. If you have dry skin or tend to develop one in winter, then you may want to consider moisturizing home remedies for glowing skin such as:
To ½ glass of milk, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 10 drops of glycerine. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply the mixture to your face. Wash off with warm water 30 minutes down the line.
This not only helps to improve your skin tone but is also a great way to keep your skin moisturized and healthy in winter.
You can as well mix equal quantities of glycerine, lemon juice, and rose water and apply the mixture to your skin before bedtime. Wash it off your skin in the morning and you will observe great improvement of dry skin. You will especially wan to routinely use this home remedy for that glowing skin in winter.
Correct Use and Choice of Makeup for Glowing Skin
Makeup products can help you achieve a better looking skin. Style Craze however advises against using makeup products that are too old or expired. It is up to you to ensure that any cosmetic products you take home and/or use on your skin are not past their expiry date.
While helping your sister out is also nice, the site also advises that you minimize, or avoid altogether, sharing of cosmetic products as this practice often contaminates them.
It is also important to remove any makeup you may have from your face before bedtime since sleeping with makeup on can clog your skin pores leading to breakouts. Alcohol free cleansers makes for the best makeup removers.
You can also use Rose water – a natural toner – for the purpose if you are a fan of natural remedies.
How to Get Glowing Skin Naturally
If you desire a flawless, healthy-looking skin but are hesitant to use or would rather stay away from harsh ingredients, then you will delight reading the following breakdown of how to get glowing skin naturally:
Ageing, environmental pollution, and lifestyle habits such as lack of enough sleep, can make the area around your eyes get dark circles and develop puffiness. Cucumber has moisturizing and firming properties that can help to reverse these signs. Here is how to get a glowing skin naturally with cucumber:
- Lemon Juice RemedyCut thin slices out of a cucumber and then place over your eyes as you relax.
- Some people also make cucumber juice for the purpose. A mixture of cucumber, papaya pulp, and avocado makes for an especially good juice for clear, glowing skin. Simply apply this smoothie all over your face and then wash it off with water after 15 minutes.
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid which is known to have strong anti-tanning properties. It lightens the skin and in turn helps to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
The easiest way to use lemon juice as a remedy for glowing skin is to apply it directly on your skin as follows:
- Cut a fresh lemon into two halves and squeeze out its juice into a small basin
- Apply the juice all over your face, paying close attention to any darkened areas that you want to lighten.
- Wash the lemon juice after 10 minutes.
Lemon juice should not be used on areas of skin with cuts or wounds as this can cause irritation. You may also want to prepare a lemon sugar scrub as follows:
- Pour 2 teaspoons of lemon juice on 2 teaspoons of sugar. Brown sugar is particularly good but white sugar will work just fine.
- Mix the two thoroughly to form a fine a paste and then work it out gently all over your face in circular motions.
- Rinse the face with warm water after 10 minutes.
- Repeat tis home remedy once every week and you will soon get a glowing skin
Lemon juice goes to work lightening the skin and ridding it of any dark spots while sugar helps to exfoliate any skin cells.
Some people also throw olive oil into the mix (i.e. lemon juice, olive oil, and sugar in equal amounts) and yet others mix lemon juice with milk and salt (1 tsp salt, 2 tsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp milk) for an even more effective exfoliation.
Although a mixture of turmeric powder and lemon juice also works fine, and you will come across sites that recommend it as one of the best home remedies for glowing skin, keep in mind that turmeric powder may cause undesired results for certain skin types.
You will thus want to do a patch test over a small area of skin first, especially if you have a sensitive skin.
Papaya Pulp for Naturally Glowing Skin
Ripe papaya pulp contains Beta Hydroxyl Acid (BHA) which is known to be a mild, natural exfoliation agent. BHA helps to get rid of dead skin cells which then gives you a youthful, radiant skin.
There is no way we would, in that regard, have finished off this section on how to get a glowing skin naturally without outlining the following papaya face pack remedy:
- Peel a ripe papaya and cut it into small pieces
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of sandalwood powder over the papaya pieces. Fuller’s earth (multani mitti) could as well work fine.
- Pour in 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to get a fine paste and then work it through your entire face and neck.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water
This remedy combines the oil absorbing properties of sandalwood (or fuller’s earth) with the moisturizing properties of honey, and exfoliating action of papaya to give your skin that glow that shouts beauty and health.
It also helps to restore your skin’s elasticity and firmness, reversing the effects of ageing.
Egg White Pack Remedy
Extract the white of an egg using a spoon and whip it in a bowl until it foamsEgg white is rich in protein, vitamin and minerals which help to replenish the skin. It is also known to have effective cleansing, exfoliation, and skin lightening capabilities that you can use to achieve that glow in your skin. Here is how to use this natural home remedy:
- Pour in 1 teaspoon of yoghurt followed by 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Stir the mixture thoroughly until it forms a fine paste
- Apply the paste all over your face.
- Allow the mask to stay on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water
- Repeat this treatment once daily and you will achieve a glow in no more than 15 days.
Honey and Milk for Glowing Skin in 7 Days
Together, honey and milk constitute a perfect combo for glowing, flawless skin. Milk is rich in useful nutrients such as protein, calcium, vitamin C, and saturated fats which help to nourish the skin for that radiant look.
Honey, on the other hand, has rich moisturizing action which coupled with its antibacterial properties makes it the missing bit in the formula:
- Add 2 teaspoons of milk into a small bowl or cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey, followed by 1 teaspoon of besan (gram flour).
- Mix the ingredients well to attain paste consistency and then apply the mixture all over your face
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and finally wash it off with warm water
- Repeat this remedy every day and you will see an improvement in skin texture, look, and suppleness in less than 10 days
More Tips to Get Glowing Skin Naturally
Here are further tips you should consider in order to get a clear and youthful skin.
- Avoid taking too long, hot showers. Long, hot showers do no justice to your skin. They strip off its oils, making it dry. Instead of hot, long showers, go for lukewarm showers that are no longer than 10 minutes.
- Protect your skin from UV damage by applying a good sunscreen with SPF 30 before hitting the road outdoors. Apply sunscreen regardless of whether it is summer or winter; UV rays still hit your skin in winter and on cloudy days.
- Get healthy diet: What you eat reflects in your skin. A good diet for glowing skin should incorporate more of fruits, cereals, nuts, green leafy vegetables and less of junk foods that only make you prone to a whole lot of dermal and health conditions.
- Drink plenty of water every day. Get at least 8 glasses of water to aid the body in flushing out toxins.
- Get adequate sleep. As you sleep, the body repairs and replenishes the skin cells, leading to healthier looking skin. While the amount of sleep required vary from one person to another try getting at least 6 hours every day and you will be a step closer to a natural, glowing skin.
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol intake as these has been shown to cause skin problems associated with early ageing ranging from wrinkles to fine lines, spots, etc.
- Exercise regularly to increase blood circulation which is important for healthy skin. Better circulation of oxygen helps the skin to combat the formation of free radicals, the phenomenon that is responsible for early ageing signs and dull skin.
- Place boiled tea bags (after cooling) on your eyes to reduce dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles.
While most of the home remedies listed here will not give you overnight result, you should be able to get a glowing skin with consistent use as outlined. Keep in mind also that proper skin care coupled with proper lifestyle constitute the key to radiant skin and youthful look.