Home Remedies for Soft Hair, How to Get Soft, Silky Hair Naturally
Silky and soft hair is a desire for many women and even men. Here are the best home remedies for soft hair as well as natural ways on how to get soft and silky hair. You can use these on both natural and chemically treated hair to give it that wonderful glow.
Home Remedies to Get Soft Hair
In an effort to get good looking hair we use hair products that may leave our hair dry and dull. Over exposure to the sun, use of harsh products, overuse of dyes, chlorine from swimming pools and water with a high mineral content can all affect hair negatively. Before rushing to your beauty shop for more products, it is best to try home remedies to get soft hair first.
These are effective and will cause no further harm to the hair. They should be accompanied with proper diet, the use of quality hair products and proper hair hydration.
Olive oil is a popular home remedy for soft hair. It is rich in vitamin E and acts as an antioxidant. The oil seals the hair cuticle with moisture thus helping to heal any hair damage. It can also be used in different ways to strengthen hair, restore moisture and add shine to the hair.
- Depending on the volume and length of your hair, put enough oil in a bowl and warm it slightly.
- Apply the oil thoroughly on the hair shaft as well as on the scalp massaging it gently for 10 minutes.
- Wear a plastic cap and cover up your hair using a hot towel. Leave it on for the night.
- Use suitable shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair.
- Undertake this treatment every week until the hair gets the necessary nourishment to keep it soft. Other oils that can be used in the same way for hot treatments include jojoba oil, coconut oil, corn oil, almond oil.
This serves as an excellent product for treating dry hair. It contains a lot of proteins and oils which are essential in making the hair shiny and soft. It helps to supplement the hair’s natural oil.
- Apply a cupful of full fat mayonnaise on the scalp and damp hair in thick layers Measure out one cup of full-fat mayonnaise. Apply a thick layer of it on slightly damp hair and scalp and ensure that your hair is totally soaked.
- Use aplastic cap to cover your head for one hour
- Rinse the hair off using warm water.
- Shampoo hair as usual and repeat this each week to soften dry hair.
Eggs for Getting Soft, Silky Hair
Eggs are one of the oldest natural hair treatments and are used in many home remedies for soft hair. They are a source of vitamins which is necessary in the repair and strengthening of hair. There are different homemade egg protein hair treatments to improve the hair’s texture, moisture and shine a well as stimulate growth. Below are various ways to use them to get soft and silky hair.
- Beer TreatmentIn a bowl, whip an egg white thoroughly and add two tablespoons of water.
- Apply this on damp hair and massage it on the scalp using circular motions for 15 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair normally with cool water as hot water will get the eggs cooked. Repeat the procedure twice a week for the best results.
- Another remedy using eggs would be mixing two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of honey and three eggs. Mix these into a smooth paste and apply on damp hair and scalp. Cover your head with a plastic cap and wash off hair using a mild shampoo.
Although it is commonly used, beer is among the least understood home remedies to make hair soft. It is full of proteins which are necessary for hair repair, cuticle and hair follicle nourishment. With healthy hair comes smoothness, softness and a natural glow.
- Spray some small amount of beer on hair after shampooing it.
- Leave the beer on to dry. This will leave it looking smooth and soft.
- Beer can also be sprayed on hair before treatment or blow-drying.
- When the hair is allowed to dry on its own, the smell tends to go away within a short time.
This contains many nutrients and is an emollient. It can help in healing and protecting the damaged outer layer of the hair and help to get rid of hair dryness. It also has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to keep the scalp well protected.
- Grate some ginger and mix it with two tablespoons of sesame oil.
- Massage this on the scalp for up to ten minutes
- Cover your hair up sing a plastic cap and wrap it up using a warm towel for at least 15 minutes.
- Shampoo hair and repeat procedure after every week.
- Another way of using sesame oil would be by mixing it with lemon juice and beetroot juice in equal measures. Apply the remedy on scalp with your fingertips, leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning.
This home remedy will get rid of buildup residual from various hair products. These tend to result in one have dry hair. Vinegar also restores the hair’s natural pH level, prevents itching and gets rid of dandruffs. This improves the general health of the hair and is a great on how way to get soft hair.
- Depending on the volume and length of your hair, dilute vinegar with twice its amount water. This could be half a cup vinegar for one cup water.
- Use this solution to rinse freshly washed hair and allow it to sit for ten minutes.
- Use the remedy once every week.
- You could also use the same solution to massage your scalp and leave it on for about an hour.
How to Get Soft and Silky Hair
Having soft and silky hair is every woman’s dream. Hair that has these qualities tends to create a good impression. There are different home remedies on how to get soft and silky hair. These are affordable and readily available. They also have no adverse effects as there are no chemicals involved. Discussed below are the various procedures on how to get soft hair home remedies.
Coconut oil provides damaged hair with nourishment. It restores lost moisture to dry hair and is one of the best home remedies options there are. This with time restores its health and leaves it silky and soft.
- MayonnaiseHeat some coconut oil to liquefy it.
- Rub this in your hands and apply it to the hair starting from the roots to the tips.
- Massage it in for a few minutes before wearing a plastic cap and wrap it up with a warm towel.
- Rinse off the hair after 30 minutes, shampoo and condition normally.
- Another way through which you can use coconut oil is by adding curry leaves. Heat it until it gets warm and leave it to cool. Massage the oil on the hair and scalp, cover with a plastic cap and wrap it with a warm towel. Wash off the oil with a mild shampoo. Repeat the procedure at least once per week. For excessively damaged hair, you can do it twice.
This contains proteins, amino acids and antioxidants which play a major role in strengthening the hair as well as making it healthy, soft and silky.
- Put half a cup of mayonnaise in a bowl. The amount can be adjusted to suit hair length and volume.
- Apply this on hair that has freshly been washed.
- Cover the hair up with a plastic cap and leave it to rest for 30minutes.
- Use cold water and a mild shampoo to thoroughly wash the hair.
- Use this remedy each week until the hair is well hydrated and has its silky shine restored.
Avocadoes are rich in healthy nutrients that help to nourish and moisturize hair. They are saturated with fats, proteins and vitamins A and E. There also are various minerals which are beneficial to damaged and dry hair. When used on hair, it helps to strengthen it and add moisture to the dried out hair shafts.
This home remedy does wonders on dry hair transforming it into smooth, soft and shiny hair.
- Peel one ripe avocado and mash it.
- Add a teaspoon of jojoba oil and wheat germ oil.
- Mix these to form a consistent paste and apply it on damp hair starting from the roots to the tips.
- Cover it up using a plastic cap and leave it on for 30minutes.
- Shampoo hair using lukewarm water and repeat procedure twice a week to make sure your hair remains soft and shiny.
- Another treatment would be to mix the mashed avocado with a tablespoon of olive oil.
Natural Remedies for Soft Hair
When the natural oil on the outer layer of the hair is damaged, the hair ceases to be moist and shiny. This makes the hair look dry, dull and generally unhealthy. To make the hair soft and silky once more, these qualities have to be restored. A lot of efforts are necessary for this to be achieved. Some natural remedies for soft hair include:
–how to get soft hair naturally
Bananas are a great home remedy for damaged and dry hair. They also contain a high potassium content which is necessary in preventing split ends. Bananas also help to improve your hair’s elasticity as well as soften it.
- Mash a ripe banana and thoroughly spread it on hair starting from the roots upwards.
- Leave the treatment to rest for an hour before rinsing it off using warm water.
- Repeat once per week.
- You could also enrich the remedy further by adding two table spoons of honey and a table spoon of almond oil. Apply the hair mask and leave it on for 30minutes. Rinse it using lukewarm water and repeat procedure every week for soft and glowing hair.
Honey has the ability to trap moisture in hair making it a great remedy. Using it as a way on how to get soft hair naturally will leave the hair well nourished, shiny and soft.
- Apply half a cup or more to damp hair.
- Gently massage it into the scalp and cover it with a plastic cap.
- Leave it on for half an hour before rinsing it using warm water.
- Repeat the procedure twice every week for the best results.
- Honey can also be mixed with regular conditioner and used after shampooing.
There are many benefits of aloe vera on hair. It contains amino acids, minerals and vitamins which can be of great benefit to your hair. To use aloe vera to get shiny and soft hair:
- In a bowl, mix half a cup of aloe vera gel with a tablespoon of castor oil, one teaspoon of basil powder and a tablespoon of fenugreek seed powder. This should form a smooth paste.
- Apply this on your hair and massage it on the scalp. Leave it on through the night.
- Wash hair using a mild shampoo and repeat this procedure every week for soft hair within a month.
- An alternative remedy would be mixing half a cup of aloe gel with a tablespoon of hibiscus flower paste. Blend the ingredients and apply the remedy on your hair as a homemade conditioner. Use regularly for soft hair.
Yoghurt is rich in proteins and is one of the home remedies on how to make hair soft that really works.
- Ensure that the yoghurt is in the form of a smooth paste. This can be achieved by beating it.
- Coat your hair using the yoghurt and tie a towel around it for at least 15 minutes
- Wash it off and repeat every week for lovely silky hair.